A view of the River Main from the bridge with the Fortress on the hill.

   
We arrive at the Marienburg Fortress, which the Celts began to build in the year 1222. - It was heavily damaged  during World War II and not fully restored until 1990. The Keep of the Marienburg Fortress and our tour guide. Large parts of the facades of the Fortress were renovated in the 1600's in Renaissance style Princes' Garden on the east side of the Fortress
Beautiful staircases at the end of the Princes' Garden The view of Würzburg from the Fortress Another view of the city of Würzburg Another view of the River Main.  Note the cruise ships tied up along its bank. The moat of Marienburg Fortress
Beautiful staircases at the end of the Princes' Garden The view of Würzburg from the Fortress Another view of the city of Würzburg Another view of the River Main.  Note the cruise ships tied up along its bank. The moat of Marienburg Fortress

[ Larry's Trip to Europe and UK 2015 ]
(Return to beginning of this slide show.)

[ Bill & Larry's Adventures ]
(Leave this slide show.)

[ Bill and Larry's Home Page ]